Saturday, May 22, 2010

22nd MAY 2010 RIP

I do not get a chance to see television so often these days, whenever I get a chance to see TV I savour it the most. The general store near my office has a TV set which attracts me to his shop rather than some other shop. As usual I went there today and was surprised to see that the TV was not on, so I asked him "bhaiya ye kharab hai kya "? He turned on the TV and then I saw the flames and horror of the plane crash. A plane had crashed early morning in Manglore, it had overshot the runway and fallen in the valley. I was kind of shocked, I am a bit apprehensive of planes in air but this plane crashed when it was on ground. It was weird. Then I heard that 8 people have survived miraculously, they jumped out of the cracks as the plane was plunging in the vally. To me it felt like dejavu, it seemed that I had read this kind of script before.....I was discussing this incident with my colleague and suddenly i blurted "this looks straight out of Salman Rushdie book". I remembered the pages from satanic verses where the protagonist and his friend jump out of the plane which had suffered a bomb blast, they too jumped out of the crack.
I had never thought fiction can be so real.....imagination has its limits.

I pray for the life lost.

P:S - Aaj Tak was the first channel to reach the site of the accident....such a LOSER media we have.

1 comment:

  1. Creepy man..
    didn't realise it then!

    Luckily there's no news of a man-goat around :)

    ReplyDelete