Tuesday, January 26, 2010

26 jan 10, re PUB lic Day

I almost forgot to write today, may be the fog has entered in my brain. Its amusing how the fog comes ...just like that! I went to ansal plaza in the evening and there was no sign of fog, one hour later it was a totally different story. The mist had engulfed every single object here. I went ahead with my journey to sec-23 to get a few photo-copies, the shopkeeper made me realize that I had a crust of water over my head. I came back home to find I was covered in tiny water droplets ..head to toe. It was like riding the bike in invisible rain. But fog rocks, without fog we would not know what fog is.

It was republic day today, I have very vague idea why do we celebrate this day, what actually is a republic is still unclear to me. This day always meant watching on T.V the military might of India, when parades became boring and my friends getting better at duniya-dari, I came to know its one of the Dry days, no liqueur for sale on this day. This is again little hard for me to understand, why do we call it as a 'DRY' day ? If today is a dry day and tomorrow is not then it means tomorrow is a WET day ?

And what would we call a day on which sale of cigarette is banned? Suffocation Day ????

No comments:

Post a Comment