Wednesday, January 20, 2010

20th jan 10, Me-trojan

It was a off beat day for me, I woke up early at 11 am(slept at 7 am mind you). I was motivated enough to leave the warmth and comfort of my quilt. I went to the college, looking for my faculty mentor but could not find him yet again.

The real adventure came in form of the metro train. Though I have traveled quite a few times in the Delhi metro but today it was different. Some how I got this notion that I was sitting in the belly of a tamed monster, a monster who opens his mouth by the command of humans and let them in. Metro is overcrowded, and if you are in for a long trip you better start it from the first station in order to get a seat.

If the story of the Trojan horse full of soldiers is true, then I must say they were really brave, for they remained stuffed in a wood horse for entire day and I found it unbearable to sit inside the air conditioned beast for an hour or so.

Any ways, in the metro one can see many different types of people, people standing in spite of vacant seats, people trying to grab a seat in spite of no vacancy, people listening to loud music in spite of the warnings, people staring at females, females trying to ignore the stare, middle aged people trying to prove they are old enough, old age people looking helplessly at you, loud voice of someone talking on phone far away, inaudible whispers of the person talking on phone just next to you, you thinking about someone and no one thinking about you...its all happening there...Metro is not only a friendly beast its also a time machine, in the metro life is very short, finding a seat may be the biggest achievement..and its worthy of a war.

well, hmmm anyways the good news for me is that, I am back to my quilt, feeling a little feverish with no intentions of getting out of it before dawn.

1 comment:

  1. these people and their gestures are the lifeline of delhi metro........apna metro :P

    ReplyDelete